Saturday, April 21, 2012

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Remember a few months ago when I posted that I was feeling a renewed urge to get back to my sewing machine? Well, finally, here is some of the fruit of that labour.


I was first inspired to make this after seeing this: (and yes, this basically proves that I am a big copycat):


For my version, I used a mash-up of Simplicity 2599 and Colette patterns Macaron. I basically followed the instructions for the Simplicity top, but used the sweetheart neckline from Macaron. It was a pretty easy process that resulted in a very one-of-a-kind shirt. (You know, except for the one I copied. Ahem). 



It's everything you could want in a casual spring top - comfortable, stylish, and easy. I foresee many Saturday afternoons and summer weeknights being spent in this shirt!

PS - Here's a little sneak peak of what I'm working on now...the Collette Patterns' Ginger skirt. Look at those matching stripes! Eh? Eh?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I really love it. The colour and the floral pattern are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so good. i am very flattered and i hope that you like yours as much as i have loved mine. thanks for sending me the link.

    ReplyDelete