Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year, fresh start

I'm turning over a new blog leaf, readers. As you can tell, I've been a little light on the posting -- a whirlwind house purchase, a move and the holidays have kept me busy. But this year, I'm determined to finally get serious about the ol'blog. Because, really, what's the point of having a blog if you never post?

As well as relinquishing my "worst blogger on the planet" crown, here are a few other things I'd like to tackle this year. 

Learn a new piece on the piano
.
 
Now that we're in a new house and finally have space for it, we're getting a piano! I used to play growing up, but haven't given the piano any regular attention in years. If I can have one piece memorized by the end of the year, I'll feel pretty darn good about myself. 


Experiment with food
We have a big, beautiful kitchen in the new house -- and I want to use it! I'd love to make some cheese (possibly using the kit I wrote about here). I'd like to try and branch out to other meats that I seldom prepare, like lamb and duck. I'd also like to try making my own condiments, especially ketchup.


Walk everywhere possible.  
Our new house is close to everything. I can walk to shops, the farmer's market, work, the movies...and I intend to. Driving everywhere is for sissies!

Start a regular yoga practice.
Every year, I always make some sort of health-related resolution (Go to the gym twice a week! Lose 10 pounds!) but I never stick to them. This year, I'm hoping that by setting a more abstract goal that I'll actually be able to pull it off. There's a studio that's only about 3 blocks away from the new house (see? I can walk EVERYWHERE!) and I'm hoping to work some yoga into my routine.

Make our house a home.
This one is a given. We have spent about 2 weeks in the new house, and I. LOVE. IT. I'm having a hard time stopping myself from walking around the house spinning and singing with my arms outstretched. Sort of like this:


But I digress. Though the bones of the house are practically perfect, there are a million little additions, changes and tweaks that I'd like to make. I'm hoping to get everything on my extensive to-do list done by the end of the year.

There you have it, folks. My goals for 2012, proclaimed for all to see on the interweb. What about you? Any new years' resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment