Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gettin' back in the saddle

I can feel it, dear readers. That little tickle...that urge to sit down and sew. I have to admit that it's been awhile since I've felt this way. Between the excitement over the new house, the move, Christmas, and putting all of my creative energy into setting up the new place, I just haven't had the time or the inclination to sew.

But, for whatever reason, that changed today. Perhaps it was because I'm sick of staring at my closet every morning and feeling like I've worn everything I own 7 million times before. (Okay, okay. That MAY be an exaggeration). Perhaps its because I'm having a slow day at work and finally had some time to check in on some of my favourite sewing blogs. Maybe it's the fact that the days are getting slightly longer that's waking me up from my creative hibernation. Whatever it is, I can feel myself getting excited to sew clothes again.

I have a few patterns that I bought a few months ago that have been sitting unopened for far too long -- one of which is a simple A-line skirt from my beloved Colette Patterns. One of the versions of this pattern is cut on the bias, which can create a cool chevron pattern if you use a striped fabric. Kinda like this version from the Colette website:



After Googling around for some fabric, I found this very cool striped cotton twill. I think this will make a great skirt - multi-seasonal, neutral, but still interesting.


Now, all I have to do is wait until it arrives and get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment